Smart Schools Investment Plan
The Auburn Enlarged City School District Smart Schools Investment Plan will provide technology over a four-year period that will bolster network infrastructure, replace outdated technology, and increase student and staff security with additions to the emergency response system that is currently in place. New York State will provide $3,526,117 to the Auburn Enlarged City School District to be shared with any non-public school within its boundaries. As such, Auburn Enlarged City School District will share purchased equipment with Tyburn Academy, St. Joseph School, and John Paul II, which will receive the equivalent of $250 per pupil ($47,250) in instructional technology items.
The Auburn Enlarged City School District provides for the following items to be purchased at a total of $3,526,117:
• Wireless Network Upgrade/Installation, $647,082
• Interactive Whiteboard/Projector Installation, $1,684,428
• Network Infrastructure/Telecommunications Upgrades, $1,194,607
• Purchase of Wireless Network Upgrades – District Wide
• Purchase/Installation Network Switch Upgrades – District Wide
• Purchase/Installation Uninterruptable Power Supplies – District Wide
• Wireless, Projector and Interactive Whiteboard installation – District Wide
Please note that the total of the itemized purchases above do not include the $47,500 in shared equipment with Tyburn Academy, St. Joseph’s, and Saints Peter and Paul Schools as those purchases are still being determined.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Thomas Bunn, Director of Technology at ThomasBunn@aecsd.education